I live in Sweden for some reason, and one of the many things Sweden is known for is having the largest taxes in the world. Go Sweden! In Sweden we also have two political blocks that take turns messing up the country every four years or so, just like most countries I guess.

Currently the opposition is the left-green block (Social democrates, Left Party and Green Party) and the governing block is the centre-right coalition. Before the last election the social democrats had been governing Sweden for 66 of the last 77 years or so. They are also well known for having found the universal solution to every problem, just like Professor Balthazar. He runs to how machine and pulls a lever, out comes a potion, that solves every problem. The social democrats has pretty much the same idea as a childrens show – one actions solves every problem, theirs are to raise taxes. For. Every. Problem.

The target group for the left-green coalition as a VENN-diagram


Ronald Reagan said it best:

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Do you know what Sweden is NOT known for in the rest of the world? Being the best at anything, especially anything that is the responsibility of our huge tax-funded public sector. We do NOT have the best health care, the best day care for our children, the best education, the best police, the best military, the best universitys, the best elderly care, the best roads, the best justice system, the best energy production system, the best environment control, the best food, the best scientific research, the cleaneast and most beautiful cities, the list goes on. In pretty much every study comparing Swedens tax-funded public sector crap-fest to the same in other countries, we do not come out on top in any regard save one – we pay more for it than any other country! Am I the only one that sees it?

Also: Today the left party and the social democrats arrange as usual their may 1st demonstrations all over Sweden. One of the things celebrated by all their supporters is surely the agreement the left-green opposition recently has  come to. That will, guess what?, raise taxes! Again! And people is out in the streets thinking this is the greatest thing since slice bread and celebrating this. With large signs that says "We are complete idiots, please take more of my money, I don't know where to put it!" and also "Free money for all, exect the wealthy, well take theirs to give you some". Well, the signs actually don't say that, they say something along the lines of that 90% of the people, especially the ones voting for the left-green, will get their rightfully earned money from the other 10% of the population. How would that work exactly? 

What we see here is the old quote:

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul. George Bernard Shaw.

Here is a VENN-diagram that illustrates my point, in Swedish only. Click on the pic above or this link.


The target group for the left-green coalition as a VENN-diagram